If I were actually outside trying to trim the tree like the little mice on this image, the snow would have to be shaken off first. Snowed yesterday, last night and this morning -- more expected tomorrow, so it is easy to stay in the mood to make a Christmas card.
The challenge over at House Mouse is to use a House Mouse stamp that you have never used before. Simple for me, since my Christmas present to myself this past year was several of the HM Christmas stamps and I was just dieing to give them a try. I started out trying to color "Chin Up" (the one with the mouse hanging off the holly branch - I know you have seen it; it is just too cute), but I couldn't do justice to the large holly leaves. My green selection of Copics just doesn't include the colors I envision for those leaves. If any one has any suggestions for colors for holly leaves, I would sure appreciate hearing them!!! So anyway, I set that image aside for now and gave "Trim the Tree" a try.
The challenge over at House Mouse is to use a House Mouse stamp that you have never used before. Simple for me, since my Christmas present to myself this past year was several of the HM Christmas stamps and I was just dieing to give them a try. I started out trying to color "Chin Up" (the one with the mouse hanging off the holly branch - I know you have seen it; it is just too cute), but I couldn't do justice to the large holly leaves. My green selection of Copics just doesn't include the colors I envision for those leaves. If any one has any suggestions for colors for holly leaves, I would sure appreciate hearing them!!! So anyway, I set that image aside for now and gave "Trim the Tree" a try.
![]() | ||
| House Mouse: Trim the Tree |
Sentiment Stamp: Limited Edition
Paper and Ribbon: Sorry, don't know who made them. Once they go in my stash, unfortunately, I forget pretty quick who they are by.
Copics:
Mice: E57, E55, E53, E51, R00, R11
Berries: R89, R39, R37, R35
Ribbon: R27, R24, R22
Ground: B00, B000
Tree Bark: YG97, E71
Tree Needles: G28, G24, G21 (with white gel pen on tips)
Sky: Duck Egg Pro-Marker, Prismacolor black pen with white gel pen in centers

What a sweet image and card; love the background paper you used. Thank you for playing along at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! Vickie Y, GDT
ReplyDeleteWOW-fantastic coloring and fab details on this adorable card. Great use of the cute House-Mouse image. Thank you for playing along with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge Blog. Good Luck to you and please join us again next time!
ReplyDeleteWell done Cole!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute stamp, love that it was a Christmas gift from yourself!!! You have colored it up beautifully and your card design is fabulous. Thanks for playing along and joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Sue
This is a fabulous card, such an adorable image and I love your traditional Christmas colours.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at House-Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Pauline
x
P.S. I have a little giveaway on my blog at the moment if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/
What an adorable image for this beautify card! I love the papers you used and how they are layered! Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteYou certainly did this image justice with your coloring. Gorgeous card! I can feel the festive chill coming off it from here.
ReplyDelete