Oh, yeah! The New Year is starting out right -- two posts in one day! The grandkids had been staying with me and since they sleep later than I do, I had been slipping into the craft room and quietly crafting while they snoozed. This morning I finished my CAS Thank You card -- and they slept on, so I took a peek at the Sketch Challenge over at Outlawz and the light bulb went off in my head (which doesn't happen often). I had a few Tiddly Inks images that I had colored up for Christmas cards and didn't have a chance to use. There they sat -- perfect for this week's sketch challenge. So, I got busy and this is what I came up with using another wonderful sketch from Outlawz:
Sorry, I can't give you the details on the Copics used, it was colored during my breaks at work as I frantically tried to get Christmas cards made for everyone. The papers were all from my scrap pile. I can tell you that the corner and tag dies are from Cuttlebug. And that I used Coffee and Walnut inks on all the papers and the main image is on pop dots.
Sketch Challenge finished and still the kids slept on (starting a new year must have taken a lot out of them), so I decided to use the same sketch and image and make another Christmas card. Here's the plainer more traditional version:
I'm pretty thrilled -- here it is January 1st and I've ALL READY started on this year's Christmas cards. Now, that's amazing!
My grandkids went home and I'm sitting here thinking "Uggghhh! Work tomorrow." But today, today was a good day. I hope it was for you, too!
![]() | ||
| Tiddly Inks: Caroling Wryn |
Sketch Challenge finished and still the kids slept on (starting a new year must have taken a lot out of them), so I decided to use the same sketch and image and make another Christmas card. Here's the plainer more traditional version:
I'm pretty thrilled -- here it is January 1st and I've ALL READY started on this year's Christmas cards. Now, that's amazing!
My grandkids went home and I'm sitting here thinking "Uggghhh! Work tomorrow." But today, today was a good day. I hope it was for you, too!


I love the cards and love your post. Congratulations on starting the year so successfully.
ReplyDelete