Sunday, December 23, 2012
Christmas Bulbs
Of the 103 cards that I sent out this holiday season, I actually managed to make 72 of them -- and remembered to take pictures of most. A record number for me on all accounts! Things that I learned while trying to mass produce cards, but still keep it personal with a variety are: 1). Use a simple template for the basic card designs. (Easy for me, since that is my style anyway.). 2). Make more than one card from each stamp. In this case, 4 seemed to be the magic number. What I did was look at my list of recipients and pick who I thought was best represented by the stamp; it seems in most cases I found four. 3). Color each stamped image from that one stamp the same. This makes the coloring go faster. It also makes the card making go faster, because I could use the same designer paper for all of the cards in that set. Choosing what papers to use is the most time consuming part of card making for me, so this really saved time in that way. And those are the "mass production" lessons I learned this holiday season. My other goal was to master the one embellishment dilemma. I think I also managed that -- the keys being having the right embellishment and the right card lay out.
This Bildmalarna image is called "Mimosa Christmas Tree." The sentiment is from Penny Black. The embellishments are K & Co. and rhinestones. The papers are from Bazzill, K & Co. and DCWV. It was colored with Copics. Metallic pen was added. And the Christmas balls are covered in liquid glass. Little Mimosa went out to my mother, Julie, Mary Beth, Eugena and Claudia P.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You are a Craftin' Diva, my friend! All your cards have been sensational, this year.....and what a cracking record to set...woohoo! Great tips on the mass production theme, too....now, if only I can remember them for next year...hahaa!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, to you and yours, Cole! x
Wow, wow, wow! I just make that many cards in a year!
ReplyDeleteYou've certainly spread a lot of joy this year Cole :o)
ReplyDeleteA big thank you from here and Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas Cole!!!You are simply amazing!!!
ReplyDelete