Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fly on the Honeysuckle

Petra, Claire, Bridge -- My inspiration for posting this pic. If it was a challenge I would have to call it: Flowers/Flies


I wasn't actually trying to take a picture of the fly in this shot. I was practicing my depth of field, but if you look closely there is a fly hanging on the back half of one of the honeysuckle blooms. Here it is enlarged, so maybe you can catch a glimpse of that camera hungry fly:


It may not be the best picture of a flower or a fly. But check out that shallow depth of field!! I actually got that part right (for a change!).

5 comments:

  1. That has got to be just about the smallest fly known to man! I think B's fly would win that battle if they were ever to meet :)
    Great shot though, and lovely honeysuckle, can't beat the scent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the honeysuckle....ya can keep the fly...ha!
    Great photography there, Cole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the technicality of it Cole, really great shot. I think if anything, shallow depth (for me anyway) is the hardest to get right.
    Cute fly, maybe we should set a date for yours and B's to meet? could make for an interesting photo op? just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great macro shot, Cole :o)

    /Anne Dalbjerg

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great photos! So clear! Way beyond my league!!

    ReplyDelete