Saturday, July 23, 2011

Thank you to our Troops

Usually, I hit the after Independence Day sales to buy crafting items to make my cards for Operation Write Home. This year the clearance racks were filled with 4th of July glitter and shine -- not actually appropriate for our troops overseas. So, that thrifty bit of inspiration was not going to work this year. What am I going to do? Well, Rick St. Dennis left some cute little digi art at the Operation Write Home site and I used his Uncle Sam to start my card making this year.

This year I decided to make my cards in batches of 8, so I have 7 more of these to go. I don't think I am happy with the die cut "Thank You" and I think I will use a stamp and blue embossing on the rest of the cards.

1 comment:

  1. Might be needing to add some Red and Blue copics onto that shopping list, just sayin'

    ReplyDelete