Tuesday, December 30, 2014

One Hour

    Pinks, purples and oranges are really big with the 3 to 6 year old crowd in my family.  This scarf I made with Allie (age almost 4) in mind.  Thus...

The color of the yarn is called "Peachy."   I got it at JoAnn Fabrics today.  It was on sale for $7.49 per huge 258 yard skein (normal price $9.99):
Bernat Baby Blanket   100% Polyester
It is a super bulky yarn, chenille like, with absolutely no fuzz.  I used the entire skein (including making the pom-poms) and it took me an hour to crochet.  

Here it is modeled by one of my old dolls:
That doll is almost 50
 The scarf measures 5 1/2 X 52 inches (plus pom poms).   It is done in a series of double and single crochets (to keep it rather tight, so it won't snag on things as easily as it would if it had a more open weave).
Pom Pom Scarf with Allie in Mind

February 9, 2015 Note:  I decided this scarf is going to go in the Good-Will box.  The only part of it I really like is the huge pom-poms! 

2 comments: