I really like mini-albums, but I don't like how stiff they always turn out when I make them. So this time, I am using the Country Craft Creations Beginners Mini-Album Tutorial, which wraps the spine and the front and back covers all separately making for a more pliable spine. The thing that I have the most trouble with is laying the hinges on straight, because it seems that the flaps on hinges get in the way of me seeing the edges to line it up straight. The Country Craft Creations way, folds those flap under the hinge and just glues it on top of the spine. That makes it easier to put on straight, but I am not sure if it will make the hinge connection on the spine too weak.
The spine is 2 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches and the covers are 6 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches. The pages are 8 x 6 inches. The paper is a collection called Gingham Gardens by My Mind's Eye.
I left the front cover very plain -- just a couple strips of the matching washi tape and a strip of border from a punch in my stash (which I used throughout the album). I covered all the edges with more of the washi tape from the collection.
The spine:
The back (the stamp I bought from Paper Sushi on Etsy):
There are 4 hinges using a 7 7/8 x 9 1/2 inch strip. It was scored at 1 3/4, 2. 2 1/2, 3, 3 1/2, 4, 4 1/2, 5, 5 1/2, 6, 6 1/2, 7, 7 1/2. 7 3/4. All said and done this makes four 1/2 high hinges with 1/2 inch gussets between the hinges (and an extra 1/4 inch on each side of the hinge).
The inside front cover and first page:
The actual page one (on right) just has a tuck spot for a big picture. The inside cover:
The inside cover has a deep pocket with one of the chipboard pieces from the collection on it. Inside the pocket is an accordion folder tied with ribbon:
And turn the page:
The right hand page is another three fourths pocket page, done the same as the previous one:
And turn the page:
The left side is a vertical pocket with photo mats
The right side is two pockets that have the opening on the right with tags inside the pockets.
No comments:
Post a Comment