Monday, December 29, 2014

A Gift of Inspiration

  My cousin bought me a hand crocheted scarf at a craft fair for Christmas -- so soft, so bright, so "Hey, I can make this!"
   So, I am hoping to make several scarves in the coming year to give as gifts for Christmas 2015.  It seems fitting that this first scarf should be made with a pattern named 'The Gift.'

I opted for a cream color ('Pearl') yarn by Yarn Bee.  It cost $5.49 per skein at Hobby Lobby (gulp! I didn't have a coupon!)  The yarn:
Yarn Bee  Andes Alpaca  (70% Acrylic 30% Alpaca)

It took 480 yards (4 skeins) and a full day to make this:

The Gift      by:  Inner Yarn Zen Designs


Detail of the Front

 The reverse side:
Pattern:  The Gift     By:  Inner Yarn Zen Designs 

  

Detail of the back

The scarf measures approximately 8 1/2 inches wide by 66 inches long.  Plenty of scarf there to block the Indiana winter winds. 

Hope you received a little inspiration this Christmas, too!


3 comments:

  1. WOW - looks nice and soft!! :) I've been working on a scarf for 2+ months now, but planning to do some serious progress the coming weekend.

    Love the name: The Gift
    Love the designer name too - maybe the have read this article ;) http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-14252/why-crafting-is-great-for-your-brain-a-neuroscientist-explains.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - Thanks for the Christmas Card

    ReplyDelete