Monday, September 2, 2013

Readin' an 'Ritin' an 'Rithmatic

    School has started again for another season and I'm hoping my grandchildren are not "talkin' to the tune of a hickory stick."  Even my little 3 year old, granddaughter is starting pre-school this year and she is pretty thrilled about that!  So, of-course cards had to go out to them to mark the occasion.

A Sassy Cheryl for little Amelia:


And for Carson (who wasn't near as thrilled about school starting as his sister), another Sassy Cheryl:



This Bridge
                                  by Shel Silverstein
 This bridge will only take you halfway there
To those mysterious lands you long to see:
Through gypsy camps and swirling Arab fairs
And moonlit woods where unicorns run free.
So come and walk awhile with me and share
The twisting trails and wondrous worlds I've known.
But this bridge will only take you halfway there --
The last few steps you'll have to take alone.


Happy School Days Everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Love them both! Hard to believe they are both in school now. Yeah, another Shel Silverstein fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Cole, both back to school cards are beautiful with great detail & colouring. Thanks for stopping in a my blog :) Have a great week, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cole your cards are so cute and wonderful. What is your secret? I need to take lessons by you in coloring and carddesign :)
    Love your cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards - perfect for the occasion and colored wonderfully. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it when someone makes the brown tones work. I struggle with it everytime! So glad you chose this as your favorite project in 2013. We appreciate your participation in out challenges and hope to see you back again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids and school. Now there's a reason to celebrate. LOL Both are just gorgeous.
    Thanks for playing along in the Pick your favorite card challenge this past week with my Sassy Gals. And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww so sweet cards Cole! I think my favourite is second one with Max. Love design! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl’s Challenge, hope to see you again next week. Happy New Year!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are just adorable. I have to say I love little Max...Thanks for playing along with us Sassy Gals at Sassy Cheryl's. Happy New Year...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete