Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Sassy Resolution -- Try New Things

One of my New Year's Crafting resolutions is to Try New Things. Well, one of the things that I have been wanting to do is to merge some digis together to make new images or scenes. What always stopped me was that I have no patience! Oh, come on, I find lasso-ing and layering in Photoshop boring, nothing against people who do enjoy it -- I am just not one of them. So, thank heavens for Cheryl Alger of Sassy Cheryl Digis. Almost all of the newer Sassy Cheryl digis are done in such a way that they can be easily merged in Word. Click. Click. New image. I don't know how Cheryl does it, but I am sure glad she does! Here is my first (of I know will be many) merged Sassy Cheryl images:
I used "Winter Birds In the Trees" and "Noah Tweety and Waldo" merged together. Colored them with Copics. Added flocking to the fur on the hat and the stripes on the scarf. And used Stickles on the trees and the snow and added some Flower Soft to the snow on the ground. Buttons, patterned paper and cardstock were all I used on the card. This card will be going out to Rick, but also, in keeping with my New Year's resolution I am going to enter it into the Sassy Cheryl Challenge. Thank you, Cheryl Alger!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! these are the perfect images to merge together! what a fun card! love your design and awesome coloring!
    thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you served your New Years Resolution well, Cole! I loved the two images that you merged and they are colored beautifully. What a fun and sweet card with all your lovely details.
    So glad that you played along in the challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, clever you... how cute is this!!
    thanks for playing our Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cole!! Great job merging!! I've yet to try merging...that might have been a good NY resolution for me to make too! hehe! Soon...I keep saying "I'll try it soon!" Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Cole! These images are perfect together and your coloring is wonderful!
    Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's CAS challenge!

    ReplyDelete